Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Genuine Toyota Motor oil in Sri Lanka

The so called "Genuine Toyota Motor oil" that we get in SL, also imported by Toyota Lanka do not have the ILSAC GF-5 certification where the one Toyota Japan use do have. The can looks totally different as well so we can't possibly be getting the same quality oil. Not even the part number matches. So my personal opinion is that the Toyota genuine oil in Sri Lanka is poor quality mineral oil same as their Chinese made filter.

Japanese oil can they have clearly mentioned all standards and also have the API donut clearly visible. I couldn't find any information regarding the specifications of the black and red Toyota can online so if someone do have any info please forward it to me..(That is one of the reason why I think the quality is not good) Also I have found that the Japanese Toyota oil is made by ExxonMobil and 4LT costs around 3000 LKR or 2700 JPY.

According to the Viscosity Index it seems to be a Fully Synthetic. Due to information not being available I do not know exactly whether the Red/Black can is the same or not, but I'm pretty sure it's not made in Japan by ExxonMobil or else it should have the same part number and the specifications right? *All of the above are my personal opinions and findings. I'm not promoting or discouraging the use of any product. Just forwarding the facts so that if anyone is interested they can do some research and make a wise decision. 2 of the photos were taken from Abdul Hazeeb s post. If you have any objections, feel free to let me know and I will remove them.

Source : Sumudu Jayawardana, Toyota Aqua/Prius C - Sri Lanka




No comments: